SenangTap which is the product under senangPay, comprising senangPay Payment Gateway has been validated against the external network vulnerability scan requirements of Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DS) compliance by ControlCase for the IP addresses mentioned in the ASV report.
2. What Personal Data Do We Collect?
We may collect information about you when you visit our Sites or use our Services, including the following:
- Registration and use information – When you register to use our Services by establishing an Account, we will collect Personal Data as necessary to offer and fulfil the Services you request. Depending on the Services you choose, we may require you to provide us with your name, postal address, telephone number, email address and identification information to establish an Account. We may require you to provide us with additional Personal Data as you use our Services.
- Transaction and experience information – When you use our Services, for example, to make purchases from merchants, to process payments, we collect information about the transaction, as well as other information associated with the transaction such as amount sent or requested, amount paid for products or services, merchant information, including information about any funding instruments used to complete the transaction, Device Information, Technical Usage Data, and Geolocation Information.
- Participant information – When you use our Services, we collect Personal Data you provide us with the other participants associated with the transaction.
- Receive money: When you receive money through the Services, we collect Personal Data such as name, postal address, telephone number, and financial account information about the participant who is sending money to you. The extent of Personal Data required about a participant may vary depending on the Services you are using to receive money.
- Affiliate Programme: If you use our Services to add value by inviting other potential merchants, we may collect Personal Data from you about the other party, or from the other party about you to facilitate the request. For example, we may collect personal data on a mobile phone or email address.
- Information about you from third-party sources – We obtain information from third-party sources such as merchants, data providers, and credit bureaus, where permitted by law.
- Other information we collect related to your use of our Sites or Services – We may collect additional information from or about you when you communicate with us, contact our customer support teams or respond to a survey.
3. Why Do We Retain Personal Data?
4. How Do We Process Personal Data?
We may process your information for the following reasons:
- To operate the Sites and provide the Services, including to:
- initiate a payment, send money
- authenticate your access to an Account;
- communicate with you about your Account, the Sites, the Services, or senangPay;
- create an account connection between your Account and a third-party account or platform; and
- perform creditworthiness and other financial standing checks, evaluate applications, and compare information for accuracy and verification purposes.
- keep your Account and financial information up to date.
- To manage our business needs, such as monitoring, analyzing, and improving the Services and the Sites’ performance and functionality. For example, we analyze User behaviour and perform research about the way you use our Services.
- To manage risk and protect the Sites, the Services and you from fraud by verifying your identity. senangPay’s risk and fraud tools use Personal Data, Device Information, Technical Usage Data and Geolocation Information from our Sites and websites that offer senangPay Services to help detect and prevent fraud and abuse of the Services.
- To market to you about senangPay products and Services and the products and services of unaffiliated businesses. We may also Process your Personal Data to uniquely tailor the marketing content and certain Services or Site experiences to better match your interests on senangPay and other third-party websites.
- To provide you with location-specific options, functionality or offers if you elect to share your Geolocation Information through the Services. We will use this information to enhance the security of the Sites and Services and provide you with location-based Services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content.
- To comply with our obligations and to enforce the terms of our Sites and Services, including to comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
- To respond to your requests, for example, to contact you about a question you submitted to our customer service team.
5. Do We Share Personal Data?
We may share your Personal Data or other information for the following reasons:
- With other members of the senangPay corporate family: We may share your Personal Data with members of the senangPay family of entities, among other things, provide the Services you have requested or authorized; to manage risk; to help detect and prevent potentially illegal and fraudulent acts and other violations of our policies and agreements; and to help us manage the availability and connectivity of senangPay products, Services, and communications.
- With other companies that provide services to us: We may share Personal Data with third-party service providers that perform services and functions at our direction and on our behalf. These third-party service providers may, for example, provide you with Services, verify your identity, assist in processing transactions or provide customer support.
- With the other parties to transactions when you use the Services, such as other Users, merchants, and their service providers: We may share information about you and your account with the other parties involved in processing your transactions. This includes other Users you are sending or receiving funds from merchants and their service providers when you use the Services to pay for goods or services. The information includes:
- Personal Data and Account information necessary to facilitate the transaction;
- information to help other participants (s) resolve disputes and detect and prevent fraud; and
- aggregated data and performance analytics to help merchants better understand Users and to help merchants enhance Users’ experiences.
- With other third parties for our business purposes or as permitted or required by law: We may share information about you with other parties for senangPay business purposes or as permitted or required by law, including:
- if we need to do so to comply with a law, legal process or regulations; law enforcement, regulators, government officials, or other third parties in relation to a subpoena, court order, or other legal process or requirement under Malaysian law or regulation, or the laws and regulations of other jurisdictions that are applicable to senangPay or one of its affiliates; when we need to do so to comply with such law or credit card rules; or when we believe, in our sole discretion, that the disclosure of Personal Data is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss; or to report suspected illegal activity or to investigate violations of a user agreement; to protect the vital interests of a person;
- to protect our property, Services and legal rights;
- to facilitate a purchase or sale of all or part of senangPay’s business;
- in connection with shipping and related services for purchases made using a Service;
- to help assess and manage risk and prevent fraud against us, our Users and fraud involving our Sites or use of our Services, including fraud that occurs at or involves our business partners, strategic ventures, or other individuals and merchants, such as eBay, Inc.;
- to banking partners as required by card association rules for inclusion on their list of terminated merchants;
- to credit reporting and collection agencies;
- to companies that we plan to merge with or be acquired by; and
- to support our audit, compliance, and corporate governance functions.
- With your consent: We also will share your Personal Data and other information with your consent or direction, including if you authorize an account connected with a third-party account or platform.
7. What Privacy Choices Are Available To You?
- Choices Relating to the Personal Data We Collect
- Personal Data. You may decline to provide Personal Data when it is requested by senangPay, but certain Services or all of the Services may be unavailable to you.
- Location and other device-level information. The device you use to access the Sites or Services may collect information about you, including Geolocation Information and User usage data that senangPay may then collect and use.
- Choices Relating to Cookies
- You may have options available to manage your cookies preferences. For example, your browser or internet device may allow you to delete, disable, or block certain cookies and other tracking technologies. You may choose to enable these options, but doing so may prevent you from using many of the core features and functions available on a Service or Site.
8. How Do We Protect Your Personal Data?
We maintain technical, physical, and administrative security measures designed to provide reasonable protection for your Personal Data against loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, and alteration. The security measures include firewalls, data encryption, physical access controls to our data centres, and information access authorization controls. While we are dedicated to securing our systems and Services, you are responsible for securing and maintaining the privacy of your password(s) and Account/profile registration information and verifying that the Personal Data we maintain about you is accurate and current. We are not responsible for protecting any Personal Data that we share with a third-party based on an account connection that you have authorized.